dreamtime

some of my outstanding dreams

Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday morning

So first I am in this place... like a small office, but it's kind of like my apartment, there is a small little back porch like in my real house.

And there is a boss, and he is a former drill seargent.
ANd he is yelling at us all, because he is trying to fit a cart on to the porch and there is already stuff out there.

And we (the crew) are still sleepy, and he yells but we know his bark is worse than his bite.

Turns out he has just been served divorce papers, and he is crushed.

But me and my parter from the crew leave after he does and wander around my town.

What's that? we spy Bono and Larry Mullins Jr. Sitting on a curbside strumming for a crowd.

I have my camera and want to get a shot.
But someone gets in the way, and then they stop playing and get up.

We follow them around a bit as they see the area, somehow we wind up in the office that looks like my house.

Bono and Larry are just, you know, hanging out....

I am still trying to get a photo., and it occurs to me to ask for autographs too, but I don't ...not the right time, seems too opportunistic

The phone rings, I answer, it's my Dad.
I am embarrassed a little because it was just his birthday (in real life) and I did not get him a card or anything.

He says:
Did you know....

I finish:
Metallica is playing in town?

YEAH! he said, the old guys are getting back together.

He is obviously excited, and I never knew my dad was into heavy metal!

SO I tell him I can get tickets.
He asks if it can be a bonding thing.

As far as metal goes, Metallica is the best, but I am not into metal.

But my dad so wants me to go and bond with him that I agree.

end of dream.
I went to bed thinking about how my dad would be sad that nobody remembered his birthday.
He used his inheritance money from my Grandpa to go to Hawaii with his wife. They were gone for his birthday. And I forgot about it, it was less than 2 weeks ago. I called him, but he never returned my calls.

Dreams are funny.
I cannot ever remember dreaming about my father.
I hope he is OK
I hope he did not drink again in Hawaii.
One more drink will kill him, that's what the doctors say.
I worry about that.
Maybe that's why I keep dreaming with him in it.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, September 26, 2006 , Blogger boneman said...

    s'better'n the last set of dreams y'had.

    I dream of my parents once and a while, though both are dead.
    Thing is, I find m'self tellin' them every lil thing I've done, pictures I've painted, work that I've done, foods I've cooked....
    then, suddenly it dawns on me that they're dead, and I've been talking all this time, so I want to ask a question....

    I wake up.

    dang.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home