dreamtime

some of my outstanding dreams

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Teeth

So I'm dreamin', right?
And it's going pretty well.
I think... I was on the set of one sitcom I like to watch...Frasier.
(My grandad used to like that show, I feel a bond over it)
Well, so anyway, I am in the flat with the main characters... (I think) and I am just... you know, living.
And a bunch of crap happens that I do not recall because it is midnight, and I had this dream this morning/lastnight...
It was too creepy to write down, and I had an early Dr. appointment this AM.

So the main thing, is the teeth, and I think I had a date too.

OK, so the teeth were all fine and well until two fell out (back left molar) and then another one came loose.
But the super creepy thing was the fishing line that I noticed was holding all my teeth together.
The two that fell out loosened the tight assemblage of my teeth and i noticed that there was a weaving of fishing line that was coming loose at my back jaw.

It was poking my tongue and it hurt and was irritating.
And I put the two teeth in milk, to help keep them so i could have them reattached. But the dentist was not there and I had to wait the weekend... and face my date without teeth in my lower jaw.
And it hurt so bad, that fishing line poking me, all tied in knots but coming loose and frayed.

Yeah, so I feel still creeped out by it.
so i looked up teeth on the dream symbol venue and here it is:

Dreams Site

Florence Cardinal
BellaOnline's Dreams Editor

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10573.asp

Falling Out Teeth - Dream Symbols

Parents are overjoyed at a child's first tooth. This major milestone is recorded in baby books and announced to anyone who'll listen. Baby teeth will be replaced by permanent teeth during the natural process of growth and maturation. Losing teeth in dreams symbolizes the loss of childhood innocence. These dreams often occur at times of transition from one life stage to the next. Your dream may be a message that an important milestone is occurring and urging you to face the inevitable. Losing teeth in dreams may also symbolize a desire to return to the security of childhood.

We need our teeth to feed our bodies. Eating is necessary to maintain the body's growth, energy and health. In this context, losing teeth may be associated with insecurity about your livelihood. Perhaps you are stuck in a "dead-end" job and fear for your future. Perhaps you are growing older and are becoming anxious about how much time you have left to work and make an income. You may be getting "long in the tooth" and fear losing your sexual attractiveness. Dreaming of false teeth symbolizes concern about your self-image. We all must deal with the process of growing older. Find fun ways to re-invent yourself incorporating all the wisdom and experience that you have gained.

Teeth falling out suddenly or all at once may symbolize fear of things that are beyond your control. Permanent teeth do not come back - you may fear or be facing a major loss. You may fear victimization; without teeth, you can't bite back. Animal teeth in dreams represent aggressiveness.

Examine the situation and think about the areas where you do have control or can make choices. If it is a situation that you must ultimately accept, reflect upon what you need to do to have closure and "let it go."

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Teeth_Falling_Out/id/243517


Other Perspectives

A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.



In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.



According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.



It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money.

So I also dreamed the other night that my favorite relative had died, Great Aunt Della. LOVE HER! She is over 80. LOVE HER!

and I do believe I am getting some extra money.

but I need to mention that the poking of the fishing line in my tongue was so irritating that it woke me up. And I had my mouth wide open in the same position of my dream mouth to avoid the loose and errant end of the fishing line. I actually thought it was a reality until I noticed that I was awake and still had teeth!

Weird, huh?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home