dreamtime

some of my outstanding dreams

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Weird and crappy dreams continue.

So I am in culinary school. I have been for a long time.
During the last class, I am to peel potatoes for potato salad, and the desk behind me has a shy boy that I like. I turn around when the instructor was asking : "What is the name of that animal?"
"A Lemming?" I ask... "Yeah, Lemming, Lemmings are so shy that they will run away when you approach them, and what color is it that they turn?"
"It's Green" I say, knowing that a lemming and a 3 toed sloth were the same animal in the dream"
The teacher moves on.
I turn to the boy I like and tell him; "They turn green because they are in the water sometimes and the mold grows in their fur." I go on to tell him that the myth of the lemming is that they jump into the ocean, and it's not true. It was an anomaly that occurred because some researcher got too close to them and they got scared and jumped off of a cliff.
Soon it is almost time for class to end. I must use the restroom. I enter the girls bathroom and find a looong line. But it moves fast.
"You can use this one, but it's dirty..." said the girl in front of me in line. "How is it dirty?" I can't see so well. And she tells me it's smelly too. I choose to continue to wait. I use the bathroom successfully and when I return to class, it is time to clear out our lockers. Our lockers are actually refridgerator/freezers. Mine contain two frozen stewing hens from my grandma's farm and some strawberries, among other things. I must make it all fit. I remember trying to stack small berries into larger ones.

Soon a young man comes dancing through the halls, he does running backflips and fancy dance moves. He draws a crowd. I see him and recognize him as the brother (who I never met) of a person I used to go out with 3-4 years ago. He and some other friends of his are now standing around me, I feel uncomfortable and start to leave.

At this point, I become an observer of a young woman who has been offered help by these people. Financial help. She declines and proceeds to go off on her own. I am with her still, invisible, as an observer. She has been in desperate need of help but will not admit to it. She has 2 small children. One is not quite a toddler, and the other is an infant.
She is in a phonebooth and trying to arrange for a hotel room for the night. She has nothing, and explains to the person on the other end of the phone that all of her credit card are bad/full except for one, and she triumphantly pulls it out to read the numbers aloud. I can see her haggard face and it appears as though she is using some kind of drug. Her hair is short, dirty, and messed and her 2 children seem to be fidgeting this way and that in the cramped phonebooth. One of them has behaved like a dog, and chewed or destroyed her very last credit card. It is worthless now and half of it is gone.
The woman flies into a rage and storms out of the booth. She drives her large car to the ally nearby and yanks her eldest child (the son) out of the car. She comes to an open trashcan and disgustedly throws the mutilated creditcard into the trash. Then, she swings the baby up by the right arm and in an arc that appears to me as the observer in slow motion, she raises the baby over her head and slings him violently into the garbage.
He begins to wail in pain, and she drives away. I am stunned. There is a man on a bike behind her, and she sees him try to catch her attention. He has seen her abandon her child. She backs her car up abruptly, and runs him, the witness, down.

End of dream.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, October 25, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

    oh man ... i'm soooo bad. have been thinking of you. not neglecting you .. or giving you the brush. just ... ugh. fighting that feeling of inertia.

    leaving for the coast in a week or so. urgh - moving the hubby from his apt and into mine. i've decided to come out again. with this new blogger id. just so you know.

    i'm having some wierd religious g-d epiphany. i think my soul might be jewish. really.

    love ya. i'm gonna work on this template right now.

    peace out babe.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home